Safe Sport & Clean Sport
ARHPA is committed to providing a safe and fair competition environment and is dedicated to ensuring the safety and welfare of all members and their horses and ponies. The links appearing below are provided to ensure our members’ awareness of the resources and reporting processes available to them.
- USEF’s Equine and Human Clean Sport Programs
The USEF Safe Sport Policy governs conduct at all USEF-licensed competitions. The U.S. Center for Safe Sport was created to address the issue of abuse in sports. The Center works with National Governing Bodies, including USEF, to enforce the SafeSport Code and the Federal Safe Sport Act. The policies in both the Code and Federal Law are aimed at protecting athletes from harm and abuse and apply to all amateur sporting disciplines.
- USEF’s Safe Sport Program
How to Report Misconduct & Abuse. Report sexual misconduct directly to the U.S. Center for Safe Sport:
Part of the USEF Safe Sport Policy involves specific policies aimed at recognizing, reducing, and responding to abuse in sport.
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPP):
MAAPP are a guide to assist sports organizations in meeting their obligations under the federal law and provide policies that address training requirements and limit one-on-one interactions between adults and minor athletes.
- Report non-sexual misconduct (harassment, bullying, physical or emotional, or a violation of the MAAPP policies) to USEF:
Free Mental Health Resources
- RAINN – The nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization
- National Sexual Assault Confidential Hotline (available 24/7): (800) 656-4673
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides a national network of 160 local crisis centers and provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free Mental Health First Aid provided to USEF members through McLaughin Young Group and available 24/7; Mental Health Hotline: (800) 633-3353